2022-2023 TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
*************** VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE *****************
Fall 2022 - Bus Transportation Registration & Guidelines
San Benito CISD adheres to the Texas Education Agency guidelines to provide transportation to eligible students that live two miles or more from their assigned school or reside in an adopted hazardous route, as measured by the shortest route that may be traveled on public roads from the student's home to school.
To sign up for bus transportation, please click here:
Designated bus stops are created where the public access road intersects with private roads, unpaved roads, non-county adopted roads and private properties; Board Policy, CNA (Legal). San Benito C.I.S.D. buses will not travel unto unpaved roads, partial-unpaved roads, private properties, and or other roads that are near canals, resacas, nor an area that does not have an open-wide safe space, for a complete turn-around.
- Parents are to be present with their child/children enrolled in Pre-K through 4th grade at the designated bus stops.
- Parents are to be present to receive their child/children enrolled in Pre-K through 4th grade at the designated bus stop. Student(s) who do not have a parent/guardian present will return to their home campus.
- Parents will be responsible for picking up their child at the campus.
- Parents are encouraged to keep their child at home if they are feeling sick.
- Students with a temperature of 100.0 or above will not be allowed to ride the bus.
- Sanitizer dispensers are available in every bus.
- Students will have assigned seats and must remain seated.
- Students will only be allowed to ride their assigned bus to and from school.
- Students are to keep their hands, feet and objects to themselves.
- For Ventilation purposes, designated windows will remain open during the transport of passengers.
- Video and Audio recording devices are equipped in our school buses.
- Vandalism and Graffiti offenders will be prosecuted under Texas Penal Code Title 7 Ch. 28.