San Benito CISD has multiple vacancies on the Superintendent’s Advisory Council (SAC). Chaired by Superintendent of Schools Dr. Nate Carman, the district-level SAC broadly represents the local community and businesses, parents, and district personnel.
The school district is seeking individuals to fill the following SAC vacancies:
- Classroom Teachers (one vacancy per campus listed): Dr. C.M. Cash Elementary, Ed Downs Elementary, La Encantada Elementary, La Paloma Elementary, Rangerville Elementary, Angela G. Leal Elementary, Joe Callandret Positive Redirection Center, San Benito Veterans Memorial Academy, and Gateway to Graduation Academy;
- Campus-Level Non-Teaching Professional Staff (one vacancy);
- District-Level Professional Staff (two vacancies);
- Parents (two vacancies);
- Community Members (two vacancies); and
- Business Members (two vacancies).
To comply with the Texas Education Code 11.251, SAC members shall advise the school board or its designee in establishing and reviewing the district’s educational goals, objectives, and major district-wide classroom instructional programs as identified by the Board or its designee.
Although council members serve exclusively in an advisory capacity, they do vote on district-wide Professional Development trainings and on the district calendar.
While in-district elections are conducted to fill the vacancies for staff representatives, vacancies for parent, community and business representatives are filled on a first come, first served basis.
For additional information or to obtain a SAC membership acceptance form, please call (956) 361-6120. Completed forms are due by Friday, September 29.